Friday, September 24, 2010

Just when you think...

Just when you think you can put something behind you
...they give you a cold.

Sometimes letting go of something is a lot more difficult than you think it is. In my case I know it's difficult. I prepare mentally, I busy myself physically, my days are full, I know how to let go. A friend equally as much of a disaster as me or potentially a little more told me that "I am her own personal buddha". I want a personal buddha. A little chubby Asian prophet to tell me all the right things to say or do. Give me some guidance and make me a little less crazy.  Instead I turn to Veronica Mars season three. Pretty epic. That cute little cuddly friend of mine explained why it was so difficult to simply just leave something be. "Having someone" Is the response. Having someone around. That's the difficult part. Well that's not the difficult part for me. I'm never around. Yes it's great to have someone around but those little perks have been long gone for me. The shitty part for me is when your best friend checks out on you. Not once but twice. When you're ready to make things work. When you've given them 2 weeks of space and freedom and they decide they want you back. Mixed signals eh? Well at least I have this gross snotty, cold infestation to keep me warm at night.