Thursday, December 23, 2010

Teenie's Favorite 90's songs

The fact that I mortified my mother in my last post means that I have to admit to a few embarrassing things about myself in this blog. You know to be fair and all..(even though I do feel like I consistently embarrass /admit enough things about myself on this blog.)


So I thought I would paint a verbal image for you all of me in the 90's..

Imagine a seven year old toothless girl (I had a bad habit of ripping my teeth out for money from the tooth fairy)
dancing like a lunatic in her  rainbow wall papered bedroom with her big black magnavox boom box (borrowed from dad) wearing an over sized mens large sweatshirt, slip on velvet shoes, and either a new kids on the block nightie (stolen from my brother) or a one piece bathing suit (depending on the time of year)
singing at the top of her lungs to her American girl doll Samantha, babysitters club doll Christie, a few select stuffed animals, and a baby cabbage patch doll with a red mow hawk named Cathy.

The musical selection from 7-10 years old sounded a lil' somethin' like this:

Barbie Girl- Aqua
MmBop- Hanson
It's all coming back to me now- Celine Dion (7 minutes and 36 seconds of pure sadness..and me and my best friend Molly singing at the top of our lungs) 
Unbreak my Heart-Toni Braxton

The ENTIRE Madonna You Can Dance Album special highlights include "Everybody" and "Into the Groove"

Lyric Snipet from Madonna: 
Live out your fantasy here with me
Just let the music set you free
Touch my body, and move in time
Now I know you're mine

Someone should have explained to me that Madonna was a bit of a whore in the the 80's and early 90's..maybe I wouldn't have worshipped her music so much at age 7.


The Usual Tween Sensations:
Spice Girls  (My cousins, myself, and some neighbors once put on a performance out of a neighbor's garage of a poorly choreographed dance to one of their songs..the surprise..I was Posh spice.

Backstreet Boys (Nick Carter..I used to dream about our wedding day)
N'Sync  (Justin Timberlake's frosted hair will NEVER be forgotten)
98 Degrees (The Hardest Thing..on repeat OVER&OVER.)
Christina Aguilera (Genie In a Bottle/Come On Over/What a Girl Wants)
Britney Spears- (Baby One More Time/You Drive Me Crazy/Sometimes I Run)

Some Random Tracks:
What If God Was One of Us-Joan Osborne
Truly Madly Deeply- Savage Garden

You know that song that proclaims they want to bathe with you in the sea..anyone whoever went to the skating rink in elementary school remembers couple skating to this song.

That one hit wonder by Mambo #5
All Star- Smash Mouth
The Boy is Mine- Brandy/Monica
Candy- Mandy Moore
No Scrubs/Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls- TLC



Probably my favorite BSB music video of all time. Feel free to make fun of me.



A Tween Dose of Teen <3

No comments: