Monday, December 20, 2010

Wendy takes a tumble...

Tonight my mother helped to explain why I am a walking disaster.

Upon our departure from a restaurant this evening she so graciously "missed" (forgot it existed) the curb and she plummeted diagonally off of it only to break her fall with the SUV.

Immediately I ( a concerned and caring daughter) errupted into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.
 Sidenote* It may or may not be important for you to know that as this happened she screamed my name... as if I had pushed her..or her misfortunate misjudgement of pavement was somehow my fault.

Being the multi-tasker that I am through my giggle fest I was able to confirm she was okay and assist her (bruised ego/injured ankle) into the car.

All of this happened very quickly...and when I finally crawled into the car...I continued to laugh. Then I continued to laugh while my mother kept looking back at me saying, "It is not funny."

I begged to differ... BUT then when I told her how I helped her into the car and made sure she was okay all while reveling in my own chuckles she refused to believe I had done such things. It must have been the shock from her injury that made her forget about my heroic execution of getting her into the car!

So I continued to laugh..we continued to argue..

About 20 minutes later...
"Are you going to write about this in your blog?"
"yup."

 Happy Birthday Mom!

Am I an awful daughter for laughing at her mother on her birthday?

A relative dose of Teen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laughing is a good thing.....