Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pangea (wtf is that!). "Lotion", and How do you know he's french?

The holidays tend to make everyone a little crazy. Even dare I say...a little ahem...blonde.

Oh mom, don't you just see the french in his face?
Case in point 3 examples from two relatives and my newly adopted cousin who loves/appreciates all things awesome (wine, blogs, cheese, osso bucco, teaching, and unecessary coffee breaks..Did I say wine?)

Scenario #1
 Momma Wendel and I doing a little grocery shopping at Publix

Me: "Mom! Look at the pup pup on the magazine cover! He's a french bulldog."
Wendel: "How do you know he's french?"

............
Me: "Are you serious....?"

Scenario #2
I have been having a hard time with the every one's lack of World History knowledge about this particular world/continent FACTOID.

Me: "So in one of my classes I came up with this great world encompassing name for a resort as an assignment in class...blahhhh blahhh blahh and nooooo one even knew what it was...I was sooo disappointed and shocked at everyone's lack of knowledge...How do people not know! (More ranting and raving...about people who have no clue about things sometims..." blahhh blahh blahhhhh

Newly adopted cousin: (Clueless look on face)
Cousin who doesn't read labels on bath product bottles: "Teenie, I don't think she knows either..."
Me: Are you kidding me expression " WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY KNOW WHAT PANGAEA IS!!!"

Pangaea for those of you who are awestruck and helpless as well is the name of all of the continents when they were together (well in theory scientists believe that before the movement of the tectonic plates all of the continents today were fit in together like a little warm, snuggly puzzle.)


Sidenote* Spell check told me I was spelling Pangaea wrong. I was spelling it "Pangea". I'm an idiot too.

Scenario #3
For Christmas I purchased  aromatherapy shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion for my cousin.
She was pretty excited and immediately put some on her legs!
Later that evening I caught her "re-administering" one of the products..only the product she was putting on her legs was not body lotion.

-
Actual gifts picture here!


It was conditioner.


Oh sweet baby Jesus, please help us all.


A hefty dose of serious brain farts
From the family members of Teen :0)

No comments: