Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh CHRISTmas!

 The holidays are a time of excitement.
 Except when you are a college student to whom December snuck up on you in the middle of the night sometime after Thanksgiving.  What I have to study for tests? I have massive presentations due? I have to make a Yankee pot roast? Slice dodines and glue clementines to plates with honey?
...Okay maybe the first two only for you guys.


Anyways, I am determined to attempt to slightly enjoy the holiday season whether it is enjoying a couple of Christmas songs along the drive to work, have a holiday dinner party with friends, or to purchase the Starbucks Christmas blend so that my apartment smells like Christmas coffee!

Here are a few things that help me and in turn may help you.

There is nothing better than the first snowstorm. When this happens I hope some of you aren't working or stuck doing housework. I hope you throw on a big comfy sweatshirt cuddle up on the couch with a crappy Christmas movie or a big fat book. Why crappy you may ask because the movie is not your main goal my friend. The book and movie are merely aids in your process of taking your first holiday snow slumber!! Enjoy it, when you wake up groggy, warm, and in a winter wonderland you will feel like Santa's best friend ready to pounce on Christmas like a baby kitten.


When someone reminds you of why you love the holidays. My mom sent me a LIVING miniature Christmas tree from L.L. Bean. It is decorated with adorable little holly berries and twinkling white lights. Not to mention it smells like the forest in my living room. AWESOME

I get to pull out my favorite winter hat and sport it EVERYWHERE. I have owned this hat since I was 14 years old..so SEVEN years. At one point in time it was scratch and sniff and smelled like strawberries. Truth be told the hat is actually a strawberry. It's a strawberry shortcake hat, the old school Ms. Shortcake, not the new super girlie, oddly human like, modernized cartoon image. This hat pays homage to an amazing character to whom I own a Halloween costume, make the dessert, and pack my mother's lunch in her metal lunchbox. Rock on old school shortcake!

Winter beverages
hot cider, hot chocolate, Starbucks holiday collection, EGG NOG ( sometime I think my dad and I are the only people in the world who love egg nog..GUYS it doesn't taste like eggs, it delicious.

Holiday movies
The Santa Clause, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Poloar Express, that weird movie where Kelsey Grammar is attack by a Santa suit....


She wants it.
Mistle toe..excellent tool for getting a little smooch action

Ugly sweaters, where the person in the ugliest holiday clothing is the most likely to get laid.

A nice warm fire or you know... just being able to afford heat in the winter...

Anyway, just enjoy the small things, it's not about the gifts, it's about enjoying the time you have with the people you care about. THE BEST GIFT POSSIBLE.
awww soo corny :0)

A cheerful dose of Teen

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Hey, I love egg nog too! Sometimes I think I'm the only person that likes it as well. Perhaps we should start an egg nog fan club?