Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Some Thoughts on my Running Playlist

 This evening I went for a run...

Okay, everyone stop laughing.


I actually sent this text message to my friend before going just in case:

(207): I'm going for run...to the musical stylings of lil wayne. If I don't text you in an hour..please send really hot men in a search party after me..and bring makeup so I look pretty when I'm rescued.

I set out on my run at a slow jaunt down the street when I realized I didn't want to go that way and abruptly turned around and backtracked to the other end of the street. I do this a lot in parking lots when I forget where I've parked my car. Having no sense of direction really does make me look like an idiot.

Before heading out on my run I made a quick playlist on my itouch (a feature that still brings me joy).

If anyone has every wondered what songs make me want to tear up the gravel here they are:

 1. All Over You- The Spill Canvas

This is a great song.  If you haven’t discovered the sexy sounds of their lead singer you’re seriously missing out. It’s probably his sexy voice that makes me want to run. Run really fast to him of course. 

2. Better Than Revenge- Taylor Swift

I hate dumb bitches. T-Swift does too. I always get the last word too Taylor.
She look's so innocent, just don't piss her off.


3. Best Days of your Life- Kellie Pickler
Angry bitter songs are obviously a constant re-occurrence on my playlist.

4. Big Star- Kenny Chesney
*This was an accidental "click" and when I tried to remove it the song was added 4 more times to the playlist. I clearly struggle with mac products.

 5. Fly- Nicki Minaj   
How does she do it? She pumps me up for just about any hill I have to tackle.

6. I Need a Doctor - Eminem & Skylar Grey   

Eminem is such and angry white boy. Also he likes to grab his junk a lot.

7. Irreplaceable- Beyonce     

I can have another you in a minute.

8. My Life - The Game ft. Lil Wayne 

I mean what song could describe me any better?

9. Numb/Encore Jay-z ft Linkin Park
I rolled down the street to this song feeling like a bad ass mouthing the lyrics. To everyone else I just looked like a crazy white girl running while talking to herself.

10. Radar- Britney Spears   
takin' his shirt off to bake me a cake
Her lyrics are just so provocative. I like to pretend Jake Gyllenhal is running in front of me with chocolate cake in his hands enticing me to keep going once my asthma kicks in. Thanks for the motivation Jake and the tasty treat.

Finally,

Right Above it- Lil Wayne ft Drake
Once I finished my run I sat on my terrace in my lawn chair bobbing my head. I like to shoot first and like my chicks in two too as well Lil Wayne. We have so much in common.

We even look alike.



I'm really thirsty. Maybe Lil Wayne will bring me some cough syrup.

Peace, Love, and Cookies :)

-Teen

1 comment:

Shaun Robinson said...

I never noticed it before, but you DO look a lot like Lil' Wayne.