Friday, October 15, 2010

My Mouseperience

It was early Tuesday morning when I was rudely awoken from a really enjoyable slumber, especially since I have been sleeping like absolute poop lately.
The noise at first sounded like scratching, my first thought, " FREDDY KRUEGER IS IN MY BEDROOM!!!!!"
My first rational thought, " There is a creature in my bedroom!"
NOW its 4am...what do you do at 4am when there is a creature lurking around your bedroom? I sat upright in my bed prepared for battle, whimpering, grabbing my phone, a blanket, and of course my blankey. I stood up, didn't hear anything and ran for my door, turned the light on, peered in the corner where I had heard the noise, discovered, a half eaten nature valley bar, pieces of the wrapper, and animal droppings EVERYWHERE, slammed the door shut, and plonked down on the couch underneath the blanket. Then I did what any normal, twenty year old college student would do.
I called my mom.
And she answered! Granted I may have stopped her heart briefly before I informed her that I was in no immediate danger but she managed to calm me down and we encourage me that it was simply a mouse when I presumed a ravenous rat had taken to becoming my bunkmate.
By this time I had awoken a very sleepy Anna ( my roommate) and she was immediately game to try to track down this creature.
Not sure if I had mentioned this yet but during all of this chaos, I don't have any pants on. 
So I wrapped my Hello Kitty blanket around my waist, grabbed our spaghetti scooper, put on some boots all while Anna is setting up a perimeter if my bedroom intruder decided to make a run for it. We then entered and braced for impact, poked and prodding the room for any signs of rodent activity. Thankfully, we didn't recover anything that night but I was so creeped out that Anna had no other choice but to let me sleep in her bed with her. 
The next day my man gives me a morning text wondering why I had called him at 4am. Incredibly worried that I had been kidnapped or caught on fire. I let him know I was disturbed in the night by an animal and he LAUGHED at me. He said he thought something was seriously wrong. Who doesn't consider an animal in my bedroom to be something " seriously wrong"! Anyways, I asked him to come down for the night so he could help me set mouse traps and despite my 4 am crazy phone call he actually came!
The next morning I was too frightened to look to see if we caught him, Dustin told me we didn't catch him the trap would have gone off and we would have heard it. WELL  he was wrong. We caught the little bastardo, wrapped him in a Hannaford trash bag and said goodbye to the invader, thankfully it was trash day!