Thursday, March 4, 2010

Website Pandamonium

Favorite Websites

1. thekindlife.com

Alicia Silverstone is the worlds coolest vegan. Not only does she share amazing vegan recipes (I plan to try some) but she offers a lot of information about living green and healthy alternatives to taking care of yourself and the environment.

2. www.80spurple.com

Sort of an underground urban outfitters. Skip right to the sale if you don't want to spend 70 dollars on a shirt.

3. 15dollarstore.com

Some of the stuff can be pretty cheesy but you can find some cool dresses

4. petfinder.com

I love animals and when I actually decided to get one I plan on adopting rather than purchasing one from an over priced puppy store.

5. freerice.com

For every question you get right 10 grains of rice is donated through the world food programme to help end hunger. You can practice geography, learn about art, words, and different languages oh and don't forget you're helping to end world hunger 10 grains of rice at a time!

6. etsy.com

Mostly handmade items for sale, you can get local items too, specify the color of an item you want etc. Perfect for personalized baby items if you want to give a really cool baby shower gift. Or for cool pillows, handmade clothing, and art for decorating and shizzle. They even have handmade toilet seat covers!

7. http://www.retailmenot.com/

If I'm buying something online I'm checking this website. I'll look to see if I can get free shipping or 20% off and order. Previously I've been able to get halloween costumes pretty cheap and free shipping on a gift for my brother.

8. foodnetwork.com

I'm absolutely obsessed with food. Anything having to do with it. All you have to do is type in something your craving and 900 recipes show up. There's so many ideas for parties, quick meals, simple meals, cheap meals. It's insane. If you want italian try giada de laurentis, something amazing tyler florence, and comforting paula deen is at your side.

9. Anjons.com

My dad's restaurant where I work and where 95% of my family has worked at one time or another. We sell sauce online and in local stores in Maine. My favorite dish is chicken or veal piccata. I have a serious love of lemons and capers.

10. http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/all/

I don't know if you've ever ventured the left hand side bar of craigslist BUT you should. There is a nice section known as "best of craigslist" with titles like "we shared a cab, you hit me in the face" these so called ads are an easy way to brighten up anyone's day and help you realize there are a lot more people out there way crazier than you are.

No comments: