Monday, March 15, 2010

WE'RE GOING TO THE ZOO!

Today my mother and I will be adventuring our way to the Palm Beach Zoo. Don't worry I will bring my camera.

On a side note just yesterday we had a bit of a mini zoo in our house. I'm reading and watching tv with my mom (she's not watching tv she's actually falling asleep) when I hear a disturbance in the fake plant. Well that's funny I think "Fake plants don't move..." what's even funnier is that real plants don't move. They do but slower than grass growing. Why is the fake plant having a seizure I wonder? My brain kicks in. There is something in the plant. An animal of sorts has taken the plant to be his home. I ask my mom if she heard/saw the seizing plant. She thinks I'm delirious. I proceed to the plant. And there that little bugger is. He thinks he's being all camo with his green body and the green plant leaves. I proclaim we must capture him before he tried to snuggle with me tonight. My mom thinks I am insane. "He won't hurt you" oh really, waking up snuggling with a small lizard isn't terrifying? OK MOM. I run into the kitchen and find some lizard catchin' devices. A plastic microwave cover and a clear plastic bowl. My mom doesn't know it but she is going to be the lizard wrangler tonight. I had her her weapons step away and wish her luck. First try she comes out empty handed, Second attempt works like a charm. We have contained the pest. I run to the patio door and try to pull it open. It's locked, I look like an idiot. I unlock it nervously. (If there was a killer coming for me I'd be dead from how long it took me to open that door.) Alas! it is opened and my mom release the inmate back in the wild. At least I didn't make her execute him.

No comments: